Saturday, September 6, 2008

Trudy wrapped her legs around my waist and hugged me tightly. We kissed with all the pent up heat and passion that was apparently dormant all these ye

My elder brother Clive was coming back to Jamaica for the first time in 10 years and we were scheduled to go to Reggae sunsplash.

Clive lived alone or so he says in a beautiful three-bedroom penthouse apartment in a predominately African American populated gated community in Atlanta and worked in the telecommunications industry. He traveled around the world setting up cellular phone sites and things like that. There were very few people in the world that did what he did and as such he was always in demand. He was also very well paid, which is why I could not understand why he could not have come back to Jamaica before. He even came as close as Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Barbados, but never Jamaica.

Over the years I had found Reggae Sunsplash to be a good place to meet friends and old acquaintance I had not seen in quite a while. I figured that if he wanted to hook up with some old school friends then sunsplash was the place to go.
Seeing Clive again made me feel happy, as of the six of us, he and I were the closest and were more alike than the others.

We rented a jeep in Kingston preferring to leave my two door sports BMW at home and headed for Montego Bay to catch the Friday night show. On the way down we caught up on the past and what we were doing and all that. We were still unmarried, Clive claiming that his job required extensive travel and that it was difficult to have a wife and settle down.

But he did have a girlfriend in Atlanta where he lived. But he also had one in Nigeria, Singapore, Chicago, London, and Barbados, and that was what he could remember. As for me I had taken the vow to remain unmarried, free and single.

We talked about the other members of the family and what they were doing and their kids and wives and husbands. From all accounts everybody seemed to be doing well. I was the only member of the immediate family in Jamaica, the rest were scattered around the globe. We had not been together as a family in over ten years. We had discussed a big family reunion in Jamaica over many visits to each other around the world, but we have not been able to pull it off yet. It was still on the drawing board.

As we approached the show venue we began to see the crowd build up. We parked and walked the short distance to the venue.

Once inside we were transformed into a world of music, laughter, colors, vendors, patrons and ganja smoke. Gregory Isaacs was on the stage doing his thing and the crowd was lapping up everything he threw at them. We walked to the back of the crowd not wanting to get too deep. We were at sunsplash but we did not want to be in it, we preferred to be on the outskirts watching what was going on.

After an hour or two Clive said he wanted to walk around to see if he saw anybody, besides we wanted to get a drink and some food. There was a band change going on so the time was right.

We started to circle the venue working our way from the left side around the back and up the right side. With Red Stripe in hand we walked around and met a few friends and talked for a while.

Clive had found an old friend from the US who was here with his wife. As they talked I stood and surveyed the people around me, trying to find a familiar face in the sea of people.

That’s when I saw Trudy Gayle. The last time I saw her was at our high school graduation, many years ago.

Trudy Gayle came to Ruseas High School in fourth form. She had transferred from a secondary school in Lucea in time to prepare for her O levels in fifth form. She was good looking, fair complexion and kept her hair cut very low almost as low as mine. She spoke with a deep voice, which for many of us was a little weird. We suspected that she might have been a lesbian or something. None the less I liked her and was attracted to her.

For most of fourth form Trudy and I developed a close social relationship, but there was always a distance between us. She would always give me the impression that I was too young for her and that she was more interested in much older and mature men. As a result of this I came to the conclusion that Trudy was outside of my reach. In fourth form she would be seen with the fifth form boys and even the upper six form groups, where Clive was.

As we entered fifth form she began to date men who were working and importantly driving. We knew this as they would pick her up after school and sometimes drop her off in the morning.

We still spoke often and at time would sit under the mango tree outside the cafeteria and talk while having lunch. But she always made me know that she was not interested in high school boys.

At the graduation ball she came with an older man, but he did not stay he dropped her off and came back later that night. That night as we embraced and wished each other all the best for the future, we all knew that for some of us this would be the last we would see of each other. We were about to find our place, fame and fortune in the world. That night was the last time I had seen Trudy Gayle, until now.

Trudy looked a little heavier, not much, but for all intents and purpose she looked the same. She was even sporting the same low cut hairstyle. She was, with a group of girls and saw me about the same time I saw her.

Trudy came running over to me and I went across to meet her. We hugged and exchanged details. She had not progressed much since leaving high school and was working at a Hotel in Negril. I was a little embarrassed to tell her about the progress and success I was having in my life, so I played it down. Having left high school Trudy had gone from one job to another; she had not gone to college or anything like that and so was seeking to secure employment on her limited high school qualifications.

But there was no arguing, Trudy Gayle was still very attractive and she had kept herself in good shape. I wondered what my chances would be like now.

Clive came over and said hi. He knew Trudy as she had dated a guy in his class at high school. Clive was two years ahead of me in high school and was the deputy head boy for his year.

The three of us spoke for a long time filling in the gaps since high school. Who was married, had children, who was now living in the states. Surprising Trudy knew the updates on quite a number of people from our high school period.

One of the girls in her group came over and I realized it was Maxine Williams from another form in our group. I was vaguely aware of Maxine in high school, as she was not on the watch list or the “A” list we had set up.
Girls on this list were considered the cream of the crop and the girls to have and date.

Looking at Maxine now, I remembered the song about the girl that nobody wanted in school, and now that she had grown up and blossomed everybody wanted her.

The four of us talked some more, Maxine was able to provide further updates. Trudy and Maxine were at Sunsplash together and had met up with the other girls in the group.

After about an hour we parted and agreed to keep in touch.

As usual the better acts at Sunsplash came on late in the night and early the next morning. About 3am I began to get sleepy and convinced Clive to circle the grounds again just to stay awake. Clive was used to staying up until the wee hours of the morning as his constant overseas trips had forced him to adjust his sleeping patterns, as he needed.

Going around again we came upon Maxine and Trudy, sitting on reggae beds.

“What you girls doing later today?” I asked.
“Nothing” said Trudy, we plan to get some sleep and come back for the show tonight.
“Clive and I are going down to Sav-La-Mar and Negril to visit some friends and get a swim, want to come?”
Trudy looked at Maxine and said “sure”.
“Where you staying?” I asked trying to work out the pickup details.
They were staying at Maxine’s sister’s house in Ironshore for the weekend and so we agreed to pick them both up there at about 10 am.

We stayed until the end of show around 5am and slowly headed for the car park. We decided to get some sleep in the jeep until 8am and then head over to Pelican Grill for some breakfast before picking up the girls.

Maxine, Trudy and I slept most if not all the way to Negril. Clive was the only one who stayed awake, so he did most of the driving.

When it comes to beaches, Negril is my place; there is no other beach like it in Jamaica. Going to Negril to swim is always good fun for me. The water is crystal clear and blue, the sand and beach is clean and the cool sea breeze makes the whole experience enjoyable. If you’re lucky you may even encounter one or two sexy white ladies sunbathing nude on the beach.

We reached Negril Tree House Club around midday and sat around the bar on the beach for a while. Maxine and Trudy came to swim and were dressed for the occasion. They both left us at the bar and headed straight for the water.

Trudy looked even better in her two-piece swimsuit, which was barely enough material to cover the essential areas. Clive and I without even talking about it agreed mentally that I was with Trudy and he was with Maxine. The truth was that we did not really care, as he was not here for anything sexual. I was.

I left Clive at the bar ordering fish and festival for lunch, and went into the water to join Trudy who was swimming some distance from Maxine.

“This is great” I remarked to Trudy as I swam up to her.
“What is?” She replied wading in the water in front of me.
“The water, it’s so clear and clean” I remarked.
“Yeh its great” Trudy said and dived in front of me. She swam underwater up to me and proceeded to pass through my open legs. I watched her as she swam beneath the surface and reaffirmed how sexy and attractive she looked. As she came up for air I reached out and pulled her towards me.

“You know for some reason I never found you sexually attractive at school, I liked you, but just could not find any sexual interest.” She said looking up at me with water dripping from her hair down her face.

As she stood in the water next to me I realized how much I had grown since high school, in relation to her. In High school were we about the same height, now I was able to look down at her.

“But you knew I was sexually attracted to you” I said.
“Oh that was very clear, but you know then it was a different time and situation. Besides I was aware that you and Pauline Nelson were dating, so I figured you were just looking for something extra on the side”.
“So where are we now some ten to fifteen year later” I enquired.
“I don’t know, what do you think?” Trudy replied.
“Have you ever swum naked?” I asked.
“Naked as in no clothes” she asked surprised.
“That’s the generally accepted definition for naked, yes no clothes”
“No”
“Would you give it a try?”
“You mean now, right here”
“Yes”
“You’re crazy you know that”
“But it’s fun. Look”
I reached down and pulled my shorts off and dived backwards in the water.

Trudy screamed and laughed, not sure what to do, at my action. As I swam around her with my shorts in my hand I could she her trying to get a good look at me in the water. I swam some distance from her and told her to swim to me.

Trudy looked at me, shaking head as if I was crazy.
“Don’t move” she said and dived underwater.

I watched Trudy as she swam up to me and through my spread legs again. As she passed below me she stopped and looked, reached up and touched me and went on through.

“You try it,” I said as she surfaced.
“What do I do with my clothes” Trudy asked.
“I’ll hold them for you”
“I don’t trust you; you may decide to swim of with them.”
“No man, just trust me”

Trudy came closer to me and asked me to turn my back to the shore; she wanted to stand in front of me. She wanted to ensure that no one on shore would see her.

Trudy stood naked in front of me in the clear Negril waters; my erection was strong and hard in the cool waters. She looked down at me, smiled and dived to her right, under the water. She had kept her swimsuit in her hand, she did not trust me.

As she came up out of the water I swam over to her and pulled her close to me. There was no need for words anymore, we both knew what we wanted and we both went for it.

Trudy wrapped her legs around my waist and hugged me tightly. We kissed with all the pent up heat and passion that was apparently dormant all these years. I was surprised at how easily I was able to slip into her, allowing the water around us to act as a buoyant environment. Making love in the water was all that I had heard it to be. For some reason or the other I was able to go for much longer before ejaculation, extending the pleasure and the experience.

When we finally came it was a feeling I found hard to describe. I have not had that feeling again. As we separated I dived backwards into the water and swam towards our clothes that had gotten away from us in the excitement and was now some distance away.

I grabbed and held them high in the air and called out to Trudy who was watching me very closely. She was naked in the water and I had her clothes.

“You know, you were right not to trust me with your clothes” I joked.
“You wouldn’t dare, give me back my clothes,” she pleaded.
“Nope” I said and dived away towards the beach, increasing the distance between us.

Trudy started to swim towards me and as she came closer I moved closer to the shallow waters on the beach.

I had on my shorts so I was cool.

Trudy kept on coming and I kept on moving backwards. It was then I realized that she was not stopping, she was now in shallow water up to her waist, she did not care anymore that her breast was showing. She was heading straight for me with a smile on her face. She was calling my bluff.

I had not planned to go this far but she was pushing. Trudy walked naked out of the water onto the beach in front of me and stood looking me straight in the face.

“Didn’t think I would do it, did you?”
“To be perfectly honest, no I didn’t”. I said looking down at her and smiling. I handed her the wet swimsuit and she put them back on.

The four of us joked over the whole situation over lunch. Clive and Maxine had been watching us from the bar and were caught up in a bet. Clive had waged a bet that Trudy would not come out of the water naked. Maxine knew Trudy better than the both of us and won the bet.

I saw Trudy once since that Negril trip and I have not seen her since. I think about her every time I go to Negril and wonder where in the world she would be now

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maxine Williams, who is still living in Montego Bay, was pointed to the website by a co-worker at the bank where she works, and to her surprise recognised the Trudy Gayle story. She contacted Trudy who now lives in LA USA, still single after all these years. Trudy went to the site and read the article and decided to send an open response. Maxine was able to track the confessor down in Kingston and passed on the info to Trudy who has recently sent the open response to the article.

Unknown said...

nice

Unknown said...

Lovely story Maxine keep.them cumming lol